Author: Gezim Gashi
Publisher: Penguin India
One thing that I learned from this book is – Set your own narrative, own your story, and do not compromise on your dreams. You can achieve anything you want with the right actions.
Unlocked: The Power of You by Gezim Gashi is an intriguing, insightful read that will help each one of us. Candidly narrated, Gezim Gashi inspires readers to follow and achieve their dreams with the best examples and exercises. He interestingly explains Each concept, helping readers identify the what and how.
The way he begins, by explaining his story and sharing his turning point followed by asking readers to write their story is interesting. It inspires readers to pause and take a journey inward, analyzing who they are and what they have to offer the world. Living in the present, learning more, doing and giving our best, how our habits are seeded in a yes and a no. How the vision map helps, the SMART goals, everything is brilliantly explained giving us clarity. What I loved is that Gezim keeps it concise and to the point making it easy for the readers to understand and implement the practices.
One of my favorite lessons from the book is- it’s not about “who you know”, it’s about “how you know them”.
With his practical approach, he shares the situations in which we all must have been through which makes this book more relatable. How healing is important, how failures give us strength and clarity, how we transform our lives and learn our lessons makes us who we are. The questions he asks make us pause and think about our work, our decisions, and our approach towards our goals which is helpful.
As Gezim says, this book is a series of steps that make it possible to claim your superpowers, I would say this book is a treasure of timely reminders that we all need. A book that we can go to again and again, every time we find ourselves in the state of cluelessness.
Here are the five things I learned from the Book –
- Be kind and be true to yourself, and to everyone you meet. You never know what the other person is going through.
- Your only competition is between the person you were yesterday and the person you are today.
- Just believe in yourself – believe that you can do it because you want to do it. Not because someone else tells you that you can. If you believe that success is something that belongs to you, it’s going to be yours.
- We must know how to still our minds to the degree that we can be truly present.
- When we accept the tragedies that are part of the lives we’re blessed with, we also find treasures in those experiences.
Get your Book Reviewed by Vidhya Thakkar – Connect us Now